What is a crown?
A cap that fits over your existing tooth to restore shape, size, and appearance.
Why would I need a crown?
- To protect a weakened tooth after a root canal
- To restore a broken or worn down tooth
- To improve the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth
- To support a tooth with a large filling
What is CEREC?
- Advanced technology for restoring damaged teeth
- A more natural-looking solution for tooth-restorations
- Can be used to create a crown, in-lay or on-lay
How does CEREC technology work?
- CEREC uses a special camera to take an image of your tooth – No need for your dentist to take an impression.
- The image is converted into a 3d computerized model – Your dentist manipulates the model until it is just right for you
- The design of the new tooth is sent to a special milling machine – The restoration is milled out of ceramic using diamond burs
- Your dentist will bond the restoration to your existing tooth – The whole process is efficient and can be completed in one visit
Why should you choose CEREC?
- Time – CEREC crowns are created and placed in just one appointment – No need for a temporary crown while you wait for your restoration to be made
- Appearance – Tooth-colored ceramic matches your natural teeth creating more pleasing aesthetics
- Strength – CEREC milled ceramic is stronger than layered ceramic so it lasts a long time
We are equipped to handle the majority of your dental needs
We understand the importance of having a dentist you can trust. And that means not being sent off to a different specialist every time you need a new procedure. At Nashville Restorative Dentistry, we are equipped to handle the majority of your dental needs from cosmetic to restorative, implants to extractions. When you come to us, you are getting a dental team for life.
Share this Article